Maybe you're just getting started with an idea for a course. Or perhaps you've launched your course to crickets.
Learning Design School will give you the essential tools you need to create a course that delivers on your promise of transformation and achieves profitability.
You'll master a repeatable process to enhance your revenue mix, and you'll add a marketable skill to your repertoire.
Module 1: Foundation
Every profitable project begins with a solid business plan. You'll create a Learning-Based Business Plan that includes your transformation target, your revenue goals, and your perfect course topic. Then I'll help you:
- Start a course creation canvas for your project
- Write your program objectives
- Calculate your Return on Investment
- Get to know your course creation style
- Determine your course format
Module 2: Distill Your Genius
I'll show you how to distill your genius into your signature process - which will become a roadmap for your course development. In this module, you will:
- Curate existing content in your business
- Design a roadmap for your signature process (course topic)
- Identify your course creation style
- Determine 5-7 actionable steps within each stage of your process
- Create your course syllabus
Module 3: Engage Learners
We’re going to dive into the content of your course. You’ll learn how to engage your learner in the learning process using the tools of discovery, reflection and reciprocity. I'll help you:
- Learn the CURVE model for learning design.
- Identify the ideal amount of information to share with learners (tip: too much is a bad move!)
- Learn and apply three tools for engaging learners: discovery, resistance and question.
- Ask questions to inspire reflection, insight, and clarity for your learners
- Design instructional sequences for each of your course topics
Module 4: How to Transform
We’ll talk about how to design activities to support true learning for your participants. You’ll learn how to create a customized evaluation that fosters learner confidence and measures your program success. You'll also do this:
- Design a course evaluation to measure learner transformation
- Support your learners with reality-based activities
- Create authentic accountability within your program
- Learn how to give and receive feedback gracefully
- Coaching strategies for facilitating courses
Module 5: Signature Experience
Once a learner signs up for your class, you want them to be delighted right away and feel great about their decision to invest in your program (and themselves). You'll learn to:
- Determine a set of pre-work activities
- Explore the option of sending a special gift or workbook upon registration
- Design materials that are beautiful and useful to your learner
- Presentation and facilitation basics
- Encourage collaboration within your learner audience
MODULE 6: Intentional Marketing
Now, we’re creating your registration process for your course. This includes pricing and process, but also designing an exceptional experience that feels great to you and to your learners. By the end of this module, you'll know how to:
- Finalize your pricing structure and payment plans
- Determine technology for collecting payments
- Design an online registration page that aligns with your brand and voice
- Create a thank you page and welcome email
- Design a gathering spot for your course community
Before working with me, Jessica needed to find a way to spend more time with her little ones without losing income.
After working with me, Jessica earns money selling her self-directed course online while she's at the park with her kiddos!
How It Works
Learning Design School is for right-brained, smart women who are not afraid to take action on their big ideas. You'll earn back your investment during the program by charging for a paid course preview. This crucial step not only funds your course development, but also captures your content in a live environment while creating raving fans of your program.
Design Your Course
Together we'll define your course topic, sketch out your signature process, and design a curriculum that delivers on your promise.
Facilitate a Preview
You'll bring together a small group of paying learners, facilitate your course, record your content, and get testimonials.
Package + Polish
You've proven your design, earned real revenue from your course. Now we'll package and polish your sales process for sustainability.
We accept new participants into Learning Design School via rolling admissions. This allows us to keep our engagement high and class-size low. If you are interested in joining our next cohort, apply below.
Once we review your application, we'll be in touch to schedule a quick call and discuss next steps.
In case we haven't met before, let me tell you a little bit about my passion for helping professionals, coaches and creatives align who they are with how they make money.
After spending over 14 years designing leadership programs for Fortune 500 companies, I started my own coaching practice in 2010.
Now, I'm bringing my worlds together (business coaching + instructional design) to teach you exactly how to create a profitable course that incorporates your strengths, style, and passion while delivering on your promise.
I live in Columbia, SC with my teenage sons, Sully and Rollins, and big, furry labradoodle, Poe. When I'm not working, you'll find me paddle boarding on Lake Murray or holding power leg at the Barre 3 studio down the street.
Learn more at jeanniesullivan.com.